查看: 1844|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

220个常用字写成的故事,有空给孩子看看。

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2016-6-3 09:57:02 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
TheBest Thing In The World
Onceupon a time, there were four brothers who lived in a far away land. Theirfather was an old king. One day he said, "I will not live long now. Todayyou must start out into the world. In a year, bring back the best thing youhave found. The one who can pick the best thing shall be the new king."The first brother said, "I will look in every city or town. I will buy thebest thing I can for my father." The next two brothers said, "We willboth go on fast ships over the sea. We will find something better." Thelast brother said, "I am going to ask the people here in our own land totell me the best thing." The other three brothers began to laugh."Then you will never be king!" They said.
Thelast brother started off. When he had gone about six miles, he met a man."What do you carry in those big bags?" he asked. "The best thingin the world," said the man. "These are full of the good nuts whichfall from my five nut trees." "I don't think that would work,"said the brother to himself, "I must try again." The brother went onanother seven miles. He found a small brown bird. It had been hurt, so he putit in his coat where it could keep warm. As he went on, he saw a little girlcrying. He ran to meet her. "Why are you crying?" he asked. "Iwant to get some water from the well," she said. "We use so much. Wedrink cold water. We wash the clothes clean with hot water. But I do not knowhow to pull it up. Please show me." The brother said, "Hold this birdand I will help you. It does not fly around any more because it got its wingcut." "Thank you. What a pretty bird!" she said. "I wishyou would give it to me. If you will let me keep it, I will always be very kindto it. I will take care of it myself. I will make it grow well again.""Yes, you may have it," said the brother. So he gave her the bird andwent on.
Atnight, he went to sleep under a round yellow haystack. When it was light againhe walked on. Every day he would walk eight or ten miles. He asked the peopleabout the best thing in the world. Some said it was best to sing. Some said itwas best to run and jump and play. Some said the green grass was best. Someliked the red and blue and white flowers best. One man said the best thing wasto ride a black horse. He always stopped to help people who needed it. Soon hemade many friends. All the people began to like him. They would say, "Seethere goes the king's son. He would be just the right kind of king forus." Every door was open to him. The people would call to him to stop.They would ask him to come and eat with them. After he ate, he would sit downand read to the children. After he read, he showed them how to draw and write.Months went by. He still had no beautiful thing to take to his father. Justbefore the year was done, he went home again.
Thetime came when the king called his sons together. "What did youbring?" He asked them all. The other brothers had many beautiful things."And what did you bring?" said the king to the last brother."This is too funny!" said the other brothers. "He hasnothing!" But the king was kind to the last brother. "What did youbring me?" the king asked again. "I bring only the friendship of yourpeople," said the last  brother."That is the best thing!" cried his father. "You shall be thenew king."

[发帖际遇]: mltze 捡到的钱包找到了失主,获得新儿教奖励 3 威望,恭喜啦! 幸运榜 / 衰神榜
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

802|

小黑屋|手机版|新儿教资料网-祝孩子们天天健康快乐! ( 闽ICP备19010693号-1|广告自助中心  

闽公网安备 35052502000123号

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 11:32 , Processed in 0.071808 second(s), 28 queries , Redis On.