祝孩子们天天健康快乐!

标题: 本杰明·富兰克林的13项美德(中英对照) [打印本页]

作者: zys2288    时间: 2013-1-26 06:51
标题: 本杰明·富兰克林的13项美德(中英对照)
  本杰明·富兰克林的13项美德(中英对照)

  1.Temperance: Eat not to dullnes and drink not to     elevation.
  节制:不要吃得像个傻子,也不要喝得飘飘然。

  2.Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
  沉默:只说那些能让他人或自己受益的话。避免闲聊。

  3.Order: Let all your things have their places. Let each part of your business have its time.
  秩序:让东西各归其位。给自己的事务安排好时间。

  4.Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
  决心:下定决心做你应该做的。把要解决的问题成功解决掉。

  5.Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste nothing.
  节俭:只花对他人或自己有益处的钱,就是说不要浪费任何东西。

  6.Industry: Lose no time. Be always employed in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary
  actions.
  勤奋:不要浪费时间。总应该有些有用的事来做。取消一切不必要的活动。

  7.Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit. Think innocently and justly; and, if you speak, speak
  accordingly.
  诚实:不要恶意骗人。以善意和公正为思考的出发点;而且说话也应如此。

  8.Justice: Wrong none, by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  正当:不应当去伤害人或因失职而使利益受损。

  9.Moderation: Avoid extremes. Forebear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  适度:避免极端。

  10.Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanness in body, clothes or habitation.
  整洁:不可容忍身体、衣服和住所的污秽。

  11.Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring; Never to dullness, weakness, or
  the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  贞洁:仅为健康和生育的目的行房;不要在此事上犯傻,也不要软弱,更不要有损于自己或他人的平静与名声。

  12.Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  冷静:不要让琐事,普通或不可避免的事故来扰乱自己。

  13.Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
  谦逊:向耶酥和苏格拉底学习。








欢迎光临 祝孩子们天天健康快乐! (http://www.xetjy.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2